photo becca_home_zps8d7ec4db.png photo becca_about_zpse3023212.png photo becca_sponsor_zps3f4e68a2.png photo becca_contact_zpsce60da8b.png
 photo becca_recipes_zps3356654e.png photo becca_ohbaby_zps31a2c428.png photo becca_xoxo_zpsfdbbf02a.png

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July!

When I look back 6 years ago, I didn't realize how significant the 4th of July is.  For alot of us, it is simply a day off of work, to enjoy barbeque, friends, family, and fireworks.  That's really all it used to be for me too.  I would always wear red, white, and blue and put up my American flag, but never really took a moment to realize how much more this Holiday really is.  

As I was driving through my neighborhood this morning, I noticed alot of people outside, enjoying the day- but wondered how many of them truly stop in their day to thank those who put their lives on hold, and on the line, to keep America free?  Today is a celebration of America's independence...

As everyone enjoys their day today, I hope you all take a moment to think about the men and women who are serving are country and are overseas today- they do not get to celebrate today, because they are the ones who are fighting to keep our country free so that we can all enjoy days like this.  The sacrifices they make in the name of freedom is beyond what most of us can comprehend, and they deserve a huge thank you for allowing us the freedoms of enjoying today, and everyday.

The 4th of July is a Holiday for me that fills me with pride to be a part of this country, to be married to a man who unselfishly serves his country, and to have family members who made the choice to serve their country and put the rest of their life on hold to serve a greater good- to keep you and I safe and free.  Take a moment out of your day today, and everyday, to simply show thanks for the sacrifices that are made for your freedom.

Here are some of my favorite pictures I found on pintrest to signify what 4th of July, and those who keep us free, mean to me:


No comments:

Post a Comment