photo becca_home_zps8d7ec4db.png photo becca_about_zpse3023212.png photo becca_sponsor_zps3f4e68a2.png photo becca_contact_zpsce60da8b.png
 photo becca_recipes_zps3356654e.png photo becca_ohbaby_zps31a2c428.png photo becca_xoxo_zpsfdbbf02a.png

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Ledoux is 1 year old!

Oh my goodness!  My sweet baby doll is one year old... people always told me that time flies when you have children, and I also rolled my eyes and thought they were so dramatic.  Newsflash: they were right.  Seriously, this has been the fastest moving year of my life.  It seems like just yesterday that I found out I was pregnant, it seems like yesterday we were at the hospital, it seems like yesterday I was giving Ledoux her very first bath.  **tear!**



All that being said, I am having more fun than ever with her!  I wasn't much for the newborn stage, but I sure LOVE her being a toddler.  She is walking everywhere, finding her independence (she didn't have to look far, this baby is a spit fire!) and learning and connecting more each day.  She makes me laugh out loud, she's my favorite shopping buddy, and fills my (and Lee's) life with meaning and joy.

Ok, all the sappiness aside, I wanted to share a couple pictures from her very first birthday bash!  If you follow us in Instagram (rabel1984) then you may have seen a couple of these. Her birthday was so special, her Texas family drove out to celebrate her special day, and it couldn't have been more perfect!

We started with putting pink balloons in her crib when she woke up, to greet her on her special day! (Of course I had to put her crown on her the minute she woke up!)


From there, we had fun playing, spending time with family, taking lots of pictures, and decorating for her birthday party!

Lee's friends drove out from California, and with our Texas family, my family, and all of Ledoux's teachers, it was the perfect party!





Lee and I were going to have a cake made, but opted at the last minute to make it ourselves (below!) For someone like me, who struggles to bake anything, I am pretty happy with how it turned out!  Ledoux wasn't quite sure about it at first, but after a couple hesitant tastes, she dug right it.  The sugar high also prompted my baby to stay up until 2:30 in the morning... needless to say, she hasn't had cake or frosting since!


Here are a couple pictures of the decorations, which I am also pretty happy with!  I had mini instagram prints done and they arrived just in time- so I hung them on twine along the wall so everyone could see all of the pictures of Ledoux in the last year.  I also had a book personalized, and had everyone write in it that came to her party.








And last but not least, some family pictures that were snapped!





Lastly, if you have a little babydoll of your own- all of Ledoux's clothes are for sale on Ebay: beccasands84.  Super cute baby gap, h&M, TOMS, baby ralph lauren, and more! Take a peek! http://myworld.ebay.com/beccasands84
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment