photo becca_home_zps8d7ec4db.png photo becca_about_zpse3023212.png photo becca_sponsor_zps3f4e68a2.png photo becca_contact_zpsce60da8b.png
 photo becca_recipes_zps3356654e.png photo becca_ohbaby_zps31a2c428.png photo becca_xoxo_zpsfdbbf02a.png

Sunday, April 1, 2012

21 Weeks!

Far Along?  Over halfway done cooking- 21 weeks, 6 days today!  Almost to the 6 month mark, and the last month of the 2nd trimester!  Wahoo!

Total weight gain/loss:I have no idea how it happened, but the scale is saying i gained 2 pounds this week.  I have decided the hardest part of pregnancy (so far) is seeing the scale go up, even though I am working out and eating healthier than ever. Grr.  So, I am officially +4 pounds since we found out we were preggo.  I was driving today, and I actually thought to myself, "I cannot wait to go to the gym and wear my cute gym clothes again..." I never thought I would say that- and for the record, I don't feel comfortable going to the gym with my belly- my shirts aren't fitting quite the way they used to.  Thank god Lee bought me the treadmill before he left, which is parked smack dab in the front of our living room- and used 4x a week, thank you very much!
 
Maternity clothes? Creeping very close to busting out the belly band- i am refusing to wear maternity pants until I absolutely have to- but the belly band might be making an appearance in the next week or two. 

Stretch marks? None- now that the belly is growing, I am using my cocoa butter nightly! Fingers crossed!

Size of Baby (in produce)?  Spaghetti Squash this week (you know, those long, yellow things in the produce section).  Officially at/around 1 pound.

Sleep: Sleeping so good- i have been exhausted this week so I have been taking some marathon naps this weekend.

Best moment this week: 
Feeling baby moves every day, all day.  Its kind of neat to know she is in there- I know it sounds silly, but for a month or so, I was actually starting to wonder if I was really pregnant (because I couldn't feel anything, see anything, etc.)  I also got to practice with a 3 week old baby that my co-worker had brought in to work...the whole time, I kept thinking... I am going to have one of these in 4 short months! EEK!
Can hardly believe I will have one of these soon!


  
Miss Anything? Lee and wine.  I was at a conference for work the last couple of days of this week, and we all know that work conference=happy hours, cocktail hours, wine with lunch, etc. Its an excuse to get together with coworkers you never spend time with, and bond over drinking.  I felt like the only one who was pregnant and not able to play.  It sucked, major.  One night, I took a wine glass, and poured my water in it so that i could pretend- i dont think I fooled anyone!  My co-workers are used to me being a pretty fun girl, especially after a cocktail or two...so I had a mini-poor becca session when I got home one night.  I know, I know... you are thinking "becca, stop being so selfish, you can still have fun stone sober", but I really miss a good old glass of wine (or a bottle) with friends.  18 weeks, 1 day to go... but who is counting? :)

Movement: Yes, yes, yes. She usually moves after I eat and am relaxing.
 
Food cravings: This week, I have been hooked on Umpqua Oats oatmeal- so good!  At the risk of sounding hippy, Its made with rolled oats, fruit, sunflower seeds, etc- all natural and no sugar.  Its amazing.  I went online and ordered a case of it so that I can eat it for breakfast during the work week (without having to go to the coffee shop that sells it and pay way more for it).

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
 
Have you started to show yet:  No hiding it anymore. 
 
Gender: Girl!
 
Labor Signs: No
 
Belly Button in or out? In
 
Wedding rings on or off? On
 
Happy or Moody most of the time: This week was another half and half week.  Between work being so busy (which results in me being exhausted) to feeling lonely without Lee, I had my sad moments.  But I am lucky that I have a great husband who, despite being a million miles away, is still able to make me smile and feel like he is here with me.  He sent me a package this week with bath bubbles, salts, etc. and a note:

 
Looking forward to: I have a doctor appointment this week- I look forward to them because it means I have made it another 4 weeks, lol! 

Other news?  Have you ever heard of pregnancy brain?  Well some think it isn't a real thing, however this week, I am 100% sure it is, and I am suffering from it. I also like to call it the "I am in my own world, and I don't have a care in the world, la la la" syndrome. 

It started last week, when I thought for sure I had lost my phone.  twice. in one day. After turning the house upside down and panic starting to set in, I realized I had put it in my bra (don't act like you haven't done that!), and later, it was in my purse the whole time... the one place I swear I checked a million times.  I put my keys in the fridge one morning, and couldn't find them anywhere- luckily I had also forgotten to pack my lunch and had to open the fridge and Voila! there they were!

...And that was just to start of it.  I am usually known as someone who is very scheduled- always early, always know where I need to be and when (and have my and everyone elses schedules at work memorized) and always prepared. To the point of being anal, I am called the 'schedule' or 'calendar' nazi at work.  This week at the work conference, not only was I late two days in a row to carpool with coworkers, I really didn't even realize it, nor did I care. (Totally not like me! I hate when people are late!) and then when we arrived at the conference, I didn't have a pen or a notebook! (Again, totally not me, I am usually over prepared and have enough for myself and my coworkers in case they forget!) Usually, I would have died and broken out into nervous sweats realizing how unprepared I was, but not the this new Becca- nope, I didn't even care.  And thats still not the end of it, since I am usually the one that knows where everyone needs to be and where, they usually ask me what/where to go!  I was telling everyone what rooms their break out sessions were in and how to get to them, however... I sent them to the complete wrong places.  After leading them astray for 2 days, and swearing up and down that I knew what room to go to and getting totally lost (only to once again realize I was WRONG) my friend Christi told me I definitely have pregnancy brain.  It was pretty hilarious if you would have been at the conference with me, I am turning into a total space cadet, and I am kind of enjoying living in this world of 'no cares'!

No comments:

Post a Comment