photo becca_home_zps8d7ec4db.png photo becca_about_zpse3023212.png photo becca_sponsor_zps3f4e68a2.png photo becca_contact_zpsce60da8b.png
 photo becca_recipes_zps3356654e.png photo becca_ohbaby_zps31a2c428.png photo becca_xoxo_zpsfdbbf02a.png

Monday, June 10, 2013

Baby Bill of Rights... A letter from your baby to you!

I remember when Ledoux was just a newborn little baby... all the nights of no sleep, frustration, love, sadness, pretty much every feeling you can possibly have in the world.  In fact, it feels like it was just yesterday.  I found this 'Baby Bill of Rights' during our first week home, and it really helped me keep everything in perspective.  I came across it again this afternoon, and wanted to share it with all the mamas out there... It just rings so true when you look at that sweet little face.  Even if that sweet little face is screaming back at you. Take a deep breath, read this, and maybe it will help you too.
 
My little baby isn't so little anymore...



Talk to me

Sing, hum, babble, or even read the funnies to me!

I don't know exactly what you're saying, but I need to hear you.

And I do know what you mean, even if I may not know words.

For example, your voice tone means "I love you". When you yell, I hear, "You're a pest".

Unless you communicate with me, how can I learn? I learn from you.



Hold me

Everything is so big and new to me. I don't understand where I am, or who I am.

And I get scared. But when you hold me, I feel better.

Your warmth warms me. Your breath and heartbeat make me feel I belong.

Belong here. Belong to you.



Answer my cry

I don't cry to upset you, or to get you mad.

I cry because I can't tell you how I feel any other way. I have no other way to communicate with you.

Maybe I'm cold. Or wet. Or hungry. Or scared.  Or lonely.

Answer my cries. You'll soon know what each one means. You won't spoil me.

You'll help me to be a better baby...and to make you happier, too.



Love me

Like me. Love me just as I am.

Don't expect me to do what I can't do. I'm still brand new.

My muscles aren't ready. I know I'm messy. But I'm growing.

Overlook my baby weakness. You're the most important person in my world.

I can't make it without you. Get to know me.

Have fun with me.

And love me...just as I am!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment