photo becca_home_zps8d7ec4db.png photo becca_about_zpse3023212.png photo becca_sponsor_zps3f4e68a2.png photo becca_contact_zpsce60da8b.png
 photo becca_recipes_zps3356654e.png photo becca_ohbaby_zps31a2c428.png photo becca_xoxo_zpsfdbbf02a.png

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hey, I am a DIY-er!


Sooo back in April (or was it May, the months all run together!) we bought a house! Wahoo!  Since then, it has been craziness trying to juggle life, jobs, baby, and making the house our own.  That being said, Lee and I have a laundry list of to-do's a mile along.  If you are anything like me, you hate the feeling of 'unfinished.'  I am very much the type that has a list, and gets the shit done. I hardly am able to relax until everything is completed that needs to be done... in the case of buying a home though, I am learning to  have to be content with the 'list.' Dun dun dun. (Instert evil, sinister music here.)  The list is my own, personal nightmare.  I cannot rest, its all I think about, it is all consuming.

Snapping back into reality, the list will never get done.  There will always be things that we want to do, have to do, wish we could do to our house.  There is no amount of time or money that will ever get everything acomplished.  That being stated, we do what we can, when we can.  (It kills me to say that, because again... I want that list to be GONE and tasks completed!) Ugh.  We have prioritized our list into things we can realisticly do now, in 6 months, and later (the 'later' category pretty much meaning they are being filed into the "when we win the lottery or it will never get done" category.  So much for my home wine room. humph.)
The view from our bedroom

So, project #1: Our master bedroom.  We sold ALL of our bedroom furniture on craigslist when we moved, thinking we would buy all new stuff.  (Um newsflash: bedroom furniture is EXPENSIVE.)  Stupid idea.  So, when we moved in, we had to buy new- but had a pretty strict budget set aside for bedroom furniture.  Well, in true Becca form, I found a table for another room that I had to have, which meant the only thing we could afford to buy for our bedroom was a matress. OOps. (But the coffee table I bought with our bedroom money is awesome!)  I scoured my pinterest, and found an awesome DIY project to make a headboard.  I enlisted the help of my super handy husband, bribed him with a Saturday morning of no baby, a 12 pack of beer, and he was on board.  (Anytime I bribe with beer it works.)  Fast forward to today, here is our new room!  I am serisouly considering adding a wine rack next to the red chair... there is just something super cozy about this room that makes me want to pop a bottle of cab open and enjoy it.  In bed.  Is that weird?  Because I think it is totally sensible. And I think, now that I write this, I am going to do it.

I have been really challenged with decorating our new house, as the house itself is true southwest: from the colors to the architecture, to the acre of cactus we live on.  My style is more rustic/restoration hardware, which really doesn't work in alot of our home, so I am doing the best I can do! I will share other rooms as I make it down this dreadful list, next step: my baby bow crafting room!





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment