photo becca_home_zps8d7ec4db.png photo becca_about_zpse3023212.png photo becca_sponsor_zps3f4e68a2.png photo becca_contact_zpsce60da8b.png
 photo becca_recipes_zps3356654e.png photo becca_ohbaby_zps31a2c428.png photo becca_xoxo_zpsfdbbf02a.png

Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday ramblings


Hi there! I really hope everyone had a most fab weekend, and are ready to get this week started. (sighhh..)  Be warned, my post today has absolutly no flow to it...and is full of totally random thoughts.



1.) That moment when you have spent the entire morning with your little one, chasing them around and trying to keep them out of every potential hazard and danger, and they finally are **this close** to napping.  That was me yesterday.  After a morning of playing, chasing, crawling, and walking around the house, over and over with Ledoux, I was exhausted.  And she was well overdue for her little baby nap.  So I dimmed the lights, turned on the lullabies, and gave her a bottle.  As I was rocking her, and she was **this close** to falling asleep, someone knocks on the door.  And my dogs go crazy. Of course, is startles the babydoll and I am left with a decesion- do I get up and answer the door (and risk her not napping), or do I stay put and keep rocking her to sleep?  I choose option B. Don't get me wrong, I love playing with  my baby, but I live for the 45 minute naps she takes so I can dash around the house like a mad woman getting everything done that needs to be completed, before she wakes up and we start all over again.  Any other moms feel me on this?!


2.) I discovered the most amazing thing in the world this weekend.  Now  that Ledoux eats solids, and we are introducing more and more finger foods at mealtime, food is everywhere.  She takes fists full of food, with the intent of stuffing it in her mouth, only for it to end up all over the floor.  And of course, the dogs know better than to eat fruit and veggies (wayyyy to healthy for them!) so I have to get down on my hands and knees and pick it all up.  Have you ever tried to pick up a half of a banana, mashed up into small pieces?  Can we say slippery/sticky/gross.  Ugh!  Enter: the most amazing bib ever made.  It is some type of plastic/silicone (translation: you clean it in the sink, easy peasy!) and has a "lip" on it that catches about 80% of the food that would usually end up all over the floor.  Ahhhhh-mazing.  Seriously, every mommy needs one of these.  You can find them here, but I but found mine at Target for half the price Amazon has them listed for.

3.) Today marks my very last day before I start working in an 'office' job again.  Although I am excited to have a mission, if you will (like get up, actually shower and get dressed, and go to work), I am conflicted at the idea.  I have been working from home since I moved to Tucson, and although it is hard to work from home, it has offered me a ridiculous amount of flexibility, and time to spend with my little Doo.  I am not sure I am ready to jump back on the going to the office wagon...wish me luck!  I know it will take a bit of time and it will be fine, but I will miss being able to pick up my baby from childcare whenever I want (not to mention my trips to Target in the middle of the day, just because I can).  Sigh. I am also a bit worried at how I am going to juggle it all, but most of us mommies have to do it.  If y'all can do it, so can I!


I plan to spend the rest of my day off, before going back to work tomorrow, watching a lifetime movie and relaxing.  No cleaning the house.  No working out.  I am going to lay here, and do nothing.  And enjoy it.  I hope you all had a great weekend, and your week is off to a great start!  XOXO



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment